Wow, what a year it’s been and now we’re onto the next already. So I’m wasting no time to get you all those goodies to you. Gluon nearly was cancelled, but I thought it better not to — people should never let you get you so low, just ignore them and move on and become better.
Let’s go, because there is a lot, some highlights:
- [NEW] Timeline rendering has been rewritten so things look nicer and handles more HTML (huh?) than before. This one was one of the bigger changes.
- [NEW] For posts with many images, you now see a nice scrollable gallery, instead of taking up a lot of space. Just tap to select and you’re good to go.
- [NEW] For images in the image modal, it’ll now show the ALT/Descriptive text below it. It’s hidden by default, all you have to do is scroll below the image.
- [NEW/TWEAK] Big changes the Focus mode, which basically is the I am tired of reading my timeline, just show me my mentions mode.
- [NEW] When navigating to a conversation, it will now attempt to scroll to the correct item you have tapped on and will also highlight it with a blue line and dot.
Focus mode changes:
- [NEW] Adds a moon/focus icon next to your profile image — you can long press to disable or tap to go to focus settings.
- [NEW] If you have pinned profiles, they show up in the header for quick access (if your nitpicky settings have it set as showing up in the header — previously it was hidden... no matter the setting).
- [NEW] When navigating to a pinned profile during focus mode it will now show their timeline. Other profile timelines will be kept hidden. If you pin a profile, it will show you the timeline.
- [NEW] A new focus setting where you can hide the compose/new post button...
- [TWEAK] Hides the bottom tab bar when you have the show mentions tab only setting selected.
On top of that, there’s also a truck load of fixes of bugs that accumulated last year! Plus some tweaks.
- [FIX] Fixed an issue with discover feed NEVER updating. It should now ALWAYS stay up to date! Super sorry about this.
- [TWEAK] When selecting an image in a gallery, it will now scroll to the image much quicker than before.
- And much much more that are too numerous to list here because I’m lazy. The TestFlight was a wild ride.
And... thank you all for your continued support, your kind messages and picking me up when I’m down. It means the world to me.
As always I work on improving the app for everyone, so if you have suggestions, let me know. I do know that some features are missing, but know that I know 😋
Thank you and enjoy. Happy New Year!